Sunday, January 11, 2009

Harley Cake

This cake was made for some friends of ours from church!



The cake is vanilla with vanilla buttercream - the vanilla buttercream is heavily dyed black. The flames are made from marshmallow fondant and after much debate, were formed using a cookie cutter (made my Rodney). We made them all in yellow. I then painted the orange around the sides using orange food coloring mixed with vanilla extract.

The logo shape is made from fondant but the words/letters were piped on (by yours truly) with none other than...vanilla buttercream! I free-handed the words and though they aren't totally centered, I'm still pretty pleased with the results.

Had fun with this cake!

(close up of the side/flames!)

5 comments:

Nothing said...

I'm going to have to remember this one for Darrell. He would love this cake.

TeeThymeDiva said...

I wish my cakes looked like this!! One day, one day....

Carie said...

I am interested in seeing if you can make a cake for me. Can you please email me at carie.rose@hotmail.com

Heather Kerley said...

did you attach the flames on the harley davidson cake and then paint the sides orange? bc the fandant will need to dry to the shape of the cake, right???

Heather Kerley said...

How did you attach the fondant flames to the buttercream on your harley cake?