Monday, March 31, 2008

Leila's order #2 - Mikey's cake



This is the second part of Leila's order.

Her boyfriend Mikey is the drummer for the band Shiny Toy Guns (seriously what's the deal with me and my closest friends marrying or dating drummers? is that just a thing we all do or what guys?), so she asked for a drum cake!

This was the first attempt at the drum cake - it's not the easiest cake we've ever done but it's certainly not the hardest.

Mikey is endorsed by ddrum's so we wanted to make the cake look like a snare he would play.

Rodney came in very handy with the details on this cake - since he happens to be a very talented drummer himself!

Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and fondant accents (the silver pieces). The logo is a white chocolate transfer!

Fun cake to make, I hope Mikey enjoys it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I didn't even think about Leila being with a drummer. That is weird. I like to think you guys are just imitating me. ;)