Friday, July 6, 2007

Cupcakes for Jake


These cupcakes were made for Jake, an employee up at Tango. These were sort of a last minute request so I had little time to come up with something. He likes chocolate and toffee, so I made chocolate cupcakes with toffee pieces and caramel filling.

I decided to try these party cups instead of regular cupcake papers because I feel like they look nicer -- bad idea. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but the edges of the cups kept browning and almost burning. I had to double a few up so that it wasn't noticeable. I really like the way they look but I don't think I will use them again.




I wanted to do something on top of the cupcakes because I felt like they looked too plain, so I put either a dark chocolate (brown) or a white chocolate (green) disk on each cupcake and then placed a "J" on each in black buttercream. It's all I could come up with at the last minute!

No comments: