Monday, April 2, 2007

Modeling Chocolate Practice

This was my first attempt at making/using modeling chocolate. I wanted to make sure I could do it because I'm going to be using it on my birthday cake this week. That's right, I'm making my birthday cake. No one wants to buy or make me one! In fact, my mother in law said, "I'm not gonna bake you a cake. That's just crazy." It's cool though, I'm pretty excited about making it. I haven't decided on flavors yet but I do know what it will look like. The modeling chocolate (as seen in this picture) will make up a cherry blossom branch. The cake will either be white or light green with pink blossoms. I'm making this cake bigger than I probably need it but who cares, it's my birthday!

Modeling chocolate recipe (tastes a bit like tootsie rolls):

1 bag of chocolate candy melts (I used Wilton's brand found at Michaels)
1/4 cup of light corn syrup

Melt chocolate in medium size bowl, stir until smooth
Add corn syrup and mix until it all comes together

Spread over a sheet of wax paper (get it as thin as you can, doesn't have to be super thin - just can't be thick)

Let dry over night.

Kneed it together to make it workable, store wrapped in an airtight container!


No comments: